Quantcast

Install problem on Windows 7

12

Install problem on Windows 7

steveb
When I try to install Tomboy-1.10.2.msi on my windows 7 machine I get the following error:
"This setup requires Gtk# for .NET (version 2.12.8 or higher). Please download the latest installer from http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/gtk-sharp/"

I have tried to install both mono-2.10.9-gtk-sharp-2.12.11.win32-0.exe and gtk-sharp-2.12.20.msi (which required .NET 4.0 or later) on my machine but the problem still persists. I have installed both of these as administrator (either from a right click on the .exe or from an cmd window that was started as administrator).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
This has happened before I believe. It's slipping my mind as the exact cause, but I think it had to do with the way the installer was parsing the version string in the registry.

I will crack up the Installer in a bit and see if I can determine the cause.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:44 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I try to install Tomboy-1.10.2.msi on my windows 7 machine I get the
> following error:
> "This setup requires Gtk# for .NET (version 2.12.8 or higher). Please
> download the latest installer from
> http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/gtk-sharp/"
>
> I have tried to install both mono-2.10.9-gtk-sharp-2.12.11.win32-0.exe and
> gtk-sharp-2.12.20.msi (which required .NET 4.0 or later) on my machine but
> the problem still persists. I have installed both of these as administrator
> (either from a right click on the .exe or from an cmd window that was
> started as administrator).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
Can you tell me what value you have in HKLM\Software\Novell\GtkSharp\Version

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:44 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "This setup requires Gtk# for .NET (version 2.12.8 or higher). Please
> download the latest installer from
> http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/gtk-sharp/"

RE: Install problem on Windows 7

steveb

I assume that this should be a registry entry? When I run regedit, and search for Novell all I get is:

Novell->Mono->2.10.9->GtkSharpIsInstalled = 1

Novell->Mono->2.10.9->GtkPlusDevIsInstalled = 1

And a bunch of directory pointers.

Am I missing something or giving the wrong information?

Steveb.

Can you tell me what value you have in HKLM\Software\Novell\GtkSharp\Version

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:44 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "This setup requires Gtk# for .NET (version 2.12.8 or higher). Please
> download the latest installer from
> http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/gtk-sharp/"

http://gnome-tomboy.1788872.n4.nabble.com/Install-problem-on-Windows-7-tp4654358p4654361.html

To unsubscribe from Install problem on Windows 7, click here.
NAML

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
Weird, ya it appears that GtkSharp isn't installed or at least not where tomboy expects it.

Use one of the downloads from this page, they will work.

Specifically this URL.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:21 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

I assume that this should be a registry entry? When I run regedit, and search for Novell all I get is:

Novell->Mono->2.10.9->GtkSharpIsInstalled = 1

Novell->Mono->2.10.9->GtkPlusDevIsInstalled = 1

And a bunch of directory pointers.

Am I missing something or giving the wrong information?

RE: Install problem on Windows 7

steveb

Your link is the exact same that I had previously installed. Just for yucks, I ran a cmd window as admin and ran the msi file again from that window (I can’t right click on a msi and run as admin). I get the same results on the registry search.

Weird, ya it appears that GtkSharp isn't installed or at least not where tomboy expects it.

Use one of the downloads from this page, they will work.

Specifically this URL.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:21 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

I assume that this should be a registry entry? When I run regedit, and search for Novell all I get is:

Novell->Mono->2.10.9->GtkSharpIsInstalled = 1

Novell->Mono->2.10.9->GtkPlusDevIsInstalled = 1

And a bunch of directory pointers.

Am I missing something or giving the wrong information?

http://gnome-tomboy.1788872.n4.nabble.com/Install-problem-on-Windows-7-tp4654358p4654363.html

To unsubscribe from Install problem on Windows 7, click here.
NAML

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
This is weird for sure.
In your registry, if you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\GtkSharp\Version

You should see a default Key.
Is your machine 32bit or 64bit??

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:55 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Your link is the exact same that I had previously installed. Just for yucks, I ran a cmd window as admin and ran the msi file again from that window (I can’t right click on a msi and run as admin). I get the same results on the registry search.

RE: Install problem on Windows 7

steveb

Under Novell I have the choices of Mono or Mono DefaultCLR. My machine is 64-bit, but the installer for was a 32 bit install. I did not see a 64 bit option.

In your registry, if you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\GtkSharp\Version

You should see a default Key.

Is your machine 32bit or 64bit??

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:55 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Your link is the exact same that I had previously installed. Just for yucks, I ran a cmd window as admin and ran the msi file again from that window (I can’t right click on a msi and run as admin). I get the same results on the registry search.

http://gnome-tomboy.1788872.n4.nabble.com/Install-problem-on-Windows-7-tp4654358p4654365.html

To unsubscribe from Install problem on Windows 7, click here.
NAML

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
I've found the problem.
It is now installing to xamarin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Xamarin\GtkSharp\Version

I will update the installer and you can test if you like.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 5:14 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Under Novell I have the choices of Mono or Mono DefaultCLR. My machine is 64-bit, but the installer for was a 32 bit install. I did not see a 64 bit option.

RE: Install problem on Windows 7

steveb

Yes! That is correct. I don’t know why my reg search on GtkSharp did not find this. The Version is reporting as 2.12.20.

I would love to test your new installer. Thanks for your help.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Xamarin\GtkSharp\Version

I will update the installer and you can test if you like.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 5:14 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

Under Novell I have the choices of Mono or Mono DefaultCLR. My machine is 64-bit, but the installer for was a 32 bit install. I did not see a 64 bit option.

http://gnome-tomboy.1788872.n4.nabble.com/Install-problem-on-Windows-7-tp4654358p4654367.html

To unsubscribe from Install problem on Windows 7, click here.
NAML

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
Here ya go.
Latest from Master.

For anyone else, this version doesn't seem to handle previous installed versions. You may need to manually uninstall any previous version.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 5:35 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would love to test your new installer. Thanks for your help.

RE: Install problem on Windows 7

steveb

Worked great! Thanks for your quick response.

For anyone else, this version doesn't seem to handle previous installed versions. You may need to manually uninstall any previous version.

Jared

On Feb 22, 2013, at 5:35 PM, steveb <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would love to test your new installer. Thanks for your help.

http://gnome-tomboy.1788872.n4.nabble.com/Install-problem-on-Windows-7-tp4654358p4654369.html

To unsubscribe from Install problem on Windows 7, click here.
NAML

Duplicate names desired

Luca Nanetti
Dear Tomboy experts,
can anybody tell me if it is possible to have notes with the same name
in two different notebooks?
I keep a notebook per project, and I would like to have notes called,
for instance, 'Scripts and Programs', or 'Todo'.
If it is not possible, as I suspect, it could be a feature to be worth
considering.

thanks in advance for your attention,
Luca

My Tomboy version is 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit

Re: Duplicate names desired

Jared L Jennings
It is not possible to have duplicates.
I don't know of any existing request regarding this. Because of the WikiWords linking that Tomboy supports, this could be hard to accomplish.

Jared

rsg

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

rsg
Hi Jared,

I had the exact same problem on Windows 7, 64-bit; cannot install, no Novell keys where you expected them.  Downloaded your installer, and it worked great!

Thanks for the help - though you knew not of my problem!

Bob

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

jbonham
Hi Jared,

I tried to download the installer via your dropbox link but was told the file was not there any longer. Any chance you can let me know if the downloads at the other links are the updated one? I am having the same issue.

Thanks,
Judd

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
I will get a release uploaded to projects.gnome.org by Sunday. I was planning to do it last Monday, but it slipped off my radar. Sorry.

Jared

chk9
Looking forward to your update. I'm having the same issue and appreciate your efforts. Thank you, Chris.

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

Jared L Jennings
md5=d2ee7fc3c87f67e17e2c041a908785a2

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM, chk9 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looking forward to your update. I'm having the same issue and appreciate your efforts. Thank you, Chris.

Sent from the Gnome - Tomboy mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Install problem on Windows 7

jbonham
The new release worked like a charm. I thank you for updating the release and keeping us informed!

Judd
12